Our board is divided into two parts and have the following summarized duties and responsibilities:
(click to view profiles)
(click to view profiles)
|binding votes||non-binding votes|
|ongoing advisory capacity||advise occassionally|
|comprised of individuals||comprised of "squads"|
|source of funding & resources||source of funding & resources|
Join our Team as a Board Advisor!
Global Team Players Foundation is currently seeking to build a board of advisors. It's a great role for celebrities and other experienced people with little time. If you are interested in this role, please fill out our Board Advisor Application Form.
The number of volunteer Board Advisors is unlimited. To ensure that we have the highest rating possible with organizations like Charity Navigator, 100% of the roles on both the Board of Trustees and Board of Advisors must be unpaid positions and all will be sought after to help fund directly or help fund raise for our organization.
Types of experience (past or present) at organizations we are recruiting board team members from include:
- Current or former professional, Olympic, or internationally competing athletes (specifically those with interests in global economic development)
- United Nations (preferably UNOSDP, UNICEF, UNHCR, or UN Global Compact)
- Major CPG companies (preferably sports-related such as PowerBar, Gatorade, and PowerAde)
- Major Sports-Apparrel Companies (such as Nike, Reebok, and Adidas)
- Sports Association Representatives (preferably NCAA, NFHS, IOC, SportAccord, and other internationally- or regionally-recognized associations)
- Major volunteer-based organizations (such as United Way, PeaceCorps, AmeriCoprs, Boy Scouts of America)
- Sports Marketing / Talent Representation Agencies (such as Premiere Partnerships, IMG, and Octogon)
- Major Financial Institutions (specifically those related to scholarships, grants, loans, and social-impact bonds)
- Lawyers and other legal representatives (preferably those with experience in Sports Law, Tax Law, Copyright Law, Non-Profit Law, and ideally Anti-Trust Law and how it pertains to issues inside and outside the US)
- Executive Recruiting Firms (preferably those focusing on the Sports Industry or the placement of former athletes in companies in other industries)
- Certified Fund Raising Exectutives, CFRE (preferably those with significant involvement in Sports Philanthropy)
Please note that this list is not comprehensive, and we would be happy to consider other unique inquiries as to whether there might be a potential fit.
Level of Commitment:
Regarding the type and level of commitment involved, a role with the Board of Trustees is higher.
Regarding the type and level of commitment involved with a role on the Board of Advisors, it would be minimal. Advisors might receive a few letters uniquely addressed to them, advisors will be free to comment on those issues in a private online forum or by email, and we would ultimately seek for advisors to cast non-binding and advisory votes (more of a poll / survey) regarding any issues our organization would like to learn more about while maintaining and fostering anonimity.
Some examples of advise we may seek from advisors include but is not limited to:
- Advising on whether to recruit certain individuals to our team after they have applied
- Advising on who should be awarded a scholarship or grant after reviewing a small set of applications
- Advising on changes to our website and ways we conduct business development activities
Advisors are welcome to seek to become more involved with other activities as well.